Bike Buddies is a volunteer-run program that has been set up in Sydney by three enthusiastic riders. We love getting around by bike, and want to share this joy with more people. What better way than to connect others to encourage and help each other!
Bike Buddies Sydney is good friends with the Bike Anjos (Angels) initiative in Brazil that has helped to get thousands of people riding bikes!
Why are we so passionate about riding bikes?
- It makes us feel free! Wahoooo!
- It’s often faster than public transport and driving, especially in peak hour
- It’s free!
- It keeps us fit and healthy
- It’s environmentally friendly
- It’s a quiet way to travel
- It’s less stressful than driving
- It wakes us up and energises us – ready for a day of productive work!
- It helps us calm down after a stressful day at work, ready for a nice evening with our loved ones
- …And most importantly – it’s FUN!
If you have any feedback or would like to offer your help in running Bike Buddies, we’d love to hear from you. If you’re not from Sydney and would like to set up a Bike Buddies elsewhere, let us know!
We are very grateful to be supported by a Matching Grant from the City of Sydney. Thank you!